Saturday, January 14, 2017

Valentines 2017 - Card 1

This card is using the emboss resist technique featuring the Roses For You stamp set by Simon Says Stamp.


This is a 5" x 7" portrait card on 110# Neenah solar white card base.  The ink blended piece is on Strathmore Watercolor (400 series) paper die cut with the largest die from MFT's Wonky Stitched Rectangles.  The pink glimmer paper is 4.5" x 6.5".

I used a lot of different techniques on this piece.  First I embossed the image with Ranger Superfine detail white embossing powder.  Then I did some ink blending with Candied Apple, Festive Berries and Spun Sugar.  Once that was finished I used my Distress Spray and my hand to get some big water droplets and let it set for about 30 seconds and then lifted with a paper towel.  After that I used Distress Stain in Tarnished Brass to get those fun big splatters of gold.



The sentiment on the outside and inside are heat embossed with Ranger detail Princess Gold embossing powder.  The inside was finished off with the Love die cut by Lawn Fawn.  The outside was embellished with some Valentines ribbon I had in my stash from a local craft store.

Please watch my video for a complete tutorial.












#simonsaysstamp
#inkblending
#embossresist
#distressink
#lawnfawn
#MFT
#MyFavoritethings

No comments:

Post a Comment