Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Christmas Craft Creations October Challenge | Christmas Music

 This one had me digging deep into my stash.  I did not have anything specific that was Christmas Music so I had to improvise.  So I hope this encourages you to look into your stash and think outside the box!


Some of the exact products I used are no longer available, but I was able to find similar.  Using kraft cardstock I pressed embossing ink through the music stencil and embossed with gold embossing powder.  I die cut the music panel with antique frame die set and inked the edge with vintage photo distress ink.  



I gold heat embossed the Deck the Halls on red metallic cardstock and backed it with a kraft layer.  I used nested circle dies for this.  All the metallic cardstock is by Tim Holtz.  



The holly die cut is also by Tim Holtz.  I used a stylus to make the veins in the leaves and put glossy accents on the berries.  To put it all together I popped the music panel up on foam tape and glued and/or foam tapped the other pieces.  So putting it all together I thought it had the feeling of the Christmas song Deck The Halls (with boughs of holly...).

No comments:

Post a Comment